Wednesday 7 May 2008

Why I started this Blog?

Over the past few years I have noticed that the divide between IT and Finance is very rarely bridged in many organizations and in most cases they are pushed further apart by poor communication and misunderstanding. This blog will hopefully be a good read for both Financial and IT people and will primarily focus on Microsoft based products. Although my experiences are broad based and should apply to most Financial packages, my technical skills encompass MSSQL Server, MS Analysis Server, MS PerformancePoint Server, Windows Server, Excel etc (Show me an accountant who doesn’t love Excel!).

I have been through 2 implementations of ERP Systems and am embarking on my third which will be Dynamics AX 2009 (AX 5.0). I have worked on both sides of the fence, as client and consultant, and have managed my employers ERP Systems for the past 8 years.

During my time here I have also been fortunate enough to manage the Database Design and Development Team. This position brought about an incredible learning curve for me from both a technical and managerial aspect.

Many lessons have been learned and I hope to share them on this blog.

- Paul Steynberg

No comments: