Thursday 25 September 2008

Setting the MaxBufferSize for Dynamics AX 2009

A while back I was bleating on about some changes to the MaxBufferSize to help out in some performance issues between the client and the AOS in Dynamics AX 2009. Someone pointed out to me yesterday that it may have been a tad helpful had I posted the procedures. My apologies and here they are. Changes must be made to both the AOS and the Client.

DISCLAIMER: I have made these changes on our system BUT I do not endorse them or suggest you do them without first speaking to MS. (That should keep the legal chaps happy). And as per MS please backup your registry before attempting any changes.

AOS Registry
Key name: [HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Dynamics Server\5.0\\]
Value name: maxbuffersize
Value type: REG_SZ
Value:

Client Registry
Key name: [HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Dynamics\5.0\Configuration\]
Value name: maxbuffersize
Value type: REG_SZ
Value:

AXC-File Add the following line to the AXC-File manually:

maxbuffersize, text,0


Use Notepad to edit the AXC file. Do not change the format of this file. These changes will disappear if you change the configuration using the ConfigUtility.

Another source of restriction may also be the MaxRpcSize. I would suggest taking a look at this on the client and the AOS. You can find the setting on the AOS here:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Rpc

I would suggest reading up on this before making any changes.

I did notice an improvement when loading very large journals from our Excel templates.

- Paul Steynberg

No comments: